October 10, 2018
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Defense Associate position to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast paced and demanding, yet flexible and fun. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership is actively committed to sustaining and growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring staff.
The Defense Associate would serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s defense practice, which is led by TAG Chairman and CEO Kurt Campbell and TAG Partner Rexon Ryu. A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation and proven experience in security, military, and defense trends in the Indo-Pacific region, including an understanding of systems, capabilities, and the competitive defense industrial landscape in the Indo-Pacific region. Excellent research and writing skills are a prerequisite. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential, particularly as it relates to relevant experience in procurement process and/or industry.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry, market, and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Draft executive memos, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, defense and security trends across the Indo-Asia Pacific region;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in Indo-Pacific security, military and defense issues, including systems, platforms, and procurement trends (e.g. a relevant M.A. degree or equivalent practical or military experience)
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Analytical economic and political expertise in Indo-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in Korea, Taiwan and/or significant SE Asia defense markets and security issues, with up to 4 years of relevant work experience;
- On-the-ground experience in one of the above priority countries, including a network of pertinent relationships;
- Proficiency in a relevant foreign language, particularly Korean;
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.