June 27, 2018
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Defense Associate position to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and leading staff.
The Defense Associate would serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s defense practice that is led by TAG Chairman and CEO Kurt Campbell and TAG Partner Rexon Ryu. A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation and proven experience in security and defense trends in the Indo-Asia Pacific region, with preferred emphasis on systems, capabilities, and an understanding of the competitive defense industry landscape. Excellent research and writing skills are a prerequisite. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential, particularly as it relates to relevant experience in procurement process and/or industry.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Draft executive memos, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, defense and security trends across the Indo-Asia Pacific region;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Indo-Asia Pacific security and defense issues, including systems, platforms and procurement trends
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Analytical economic and political expertise in several Indo-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in Japan, Korea, and/or Taiwan defense and security issues, with up to 4 years of relevant work experience;
- On-the-ground experience in one of the above priority countries, including ability to leverage a network of pertinent relationships.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name – Document Type” e.g., “John Smith – Resume”.