March 29, 2018
The Asia Group, LLC (TAG) is accepting applications on a rolling basis for India Analysts to join our Washington, DC office.
TAG is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Analysts work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client engagement. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Draft memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Assist in website and social media content management
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in South Asia
- Analytical economic and political expertise in India, with other Asian markets preferred
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Demonstrated political and/or economic expertise in India
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asian market dynamics and/or private sector experience
Analyst positions at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
While The Asia Group typically hires India Analysts on a trimester schedule – Fall (September start), Spring (January start), and Summer (June start) – applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis and qualified candidates will be contacted off-cycle when there is firm need. If you intend to apply for a specific hiring cycle, please note this on your application email and in your cover letter.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a two-page analytical writing sample, and most recent academic transcript to email@example.com.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name – Document Type” e.g., “John Smith – Resume”.