November 26, 2018
Indo-Pacific / South Asia Intern
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for an intern to join our Washington, DC office. This intern will support the South Asia portfolio, with a focus on India.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy and renewables, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and manufacturing.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward a MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client support. The ideal candidate commands strong writing skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Serve as lead author on memos, reports, and briefing materials
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
- Prepare powerpoints and decks
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in emerging markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Experience in Powerpoint, Photoshop, or other design platforms
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Strong understanding of the Asia-Pacific region, with an interest in South Asia
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in Asia
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asia-Pacific market dynamics and/or private sector experience
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include healthcare and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week starting in December or early January.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.