September 11, 2018
Northeast Asia Associate
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Northeast Asia Associate to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have a Master’s degree in a relevant field or 4 years of professional experience in a private or public sector setting. Those with MBAs or JDs and relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
The Northeast Asia Associate will play a central role in servicing the firm’s clients with exposure to the South Korean, Japanese, and Chinese markets. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of the business and political environment in the region, with particular knowledge of ROK domestic politics and U.S.-ROK relations, as well as an understanding the interregional dynamics driving markets.
- Conduct research and analysis on economic, industry, and political developments throughout markets in Northeast Asia, alongside due diligence on relevant business entities and stakeholders;
- Draft executive memos, reports, and briefing materials for both internal and external audiences;
- Manage a team of analysts to draft a regular report on regional political developments;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities; and
- Provide logistical and event support for partner and/or client engagements in Washington D.C. and Northeast Asia.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior exposure to professional research and writing;
- Strong grasp of business environment in Northeast Asia, and especially in South Korea;
- Strong understanding of South Korean domestic politics and U.S.-ROK relations;
- Strong understanding of developments in North Korea and experience tracking engagements and provocations;
- Fluency in relevant language strongly desired –fluency in Korean is preferred;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus; and
- Team player with eagerness for professional development.
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Experience in a bilingual setting is considered a plus;
- Work and/or internship experience in Northeast Asia; and
- Demonstrated familiarity with Indo-Pacific market dynamics and/or private sector experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a two-page analytical writing sample, and most recent academic transcript to email@example.com.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Last Name – Document Type” e.g., “Smith – Resume”.